Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Carrie and Big

It was only this year that I was able to see the last two episodes of the Sex and the City, season six. I was religiously following the show until a more important event in my life came up, which explains why I missed the exciting last episodes.

Anyway, I was not disappointed. I am glad Carrie and Big ended up together. Got me thinking about an old Filipino adage -"Pagkahaba-haba man ng prusisyon, sa simbahan din ang tuloy". All's well that ends well. Although at some point, I had wished Carrie and Aidan would marry eventually. However, Aidan is not meant for Carrie.

I remember that episode when Carrie saw Aidan on the street and when he turned, there was a baby. It was a nice scene. It was a closure for Carrie, she could never have Aidan ever again. But I'm the biggest Big fan. I know he and Carrie belong together. Although it took them a long time to realize that.

Recently, I've been watching reruns of the show. I'm still excited over each episode, although I've seen them many times before. It's nice to reminisce, and to remember the days when me and my friends would talk about the latest episodes. We had a great time.

My favorite character is Charlotte. She's too neurotic and obsessive, however she has the most endearing personality of them all. It's her fashion style also that I like. Carrie is fun, she's stubborn and very independent. Miranda is ultra cynical. Samantha...hmm. She does what she had to do ;)

No comments: