Monday, July 30, 2007

happy day!

Today, we are celebrating our 8th year as a couple. We’ve come a long way since 1999. And I am proud to say that after all these years, and after almost three years as a married couple, we’re still as fussy, as attached, as thrilled with each other as when we started. The love, respect and the need of each other has grown steadily and progressively over the years. I am so hooked on him.

I couldn’t imagine myself spending a day apart from him. Not ever again since we were away from each other for years in the past. I couldn’t imagine myself catching all those late-night movies without him. I couldn’t imagine cooking only for myself and not for him. I couldn’t imagine not having him to share with all the day’s gossips and goings-on before going to sleep. I couldn’t imagine myself being happy without him. Like I said, I am definitely hooked, addicted to him.

We’ve seen the best and the worst in each other, but we still love each other, anyway. We’ve been through several trials and difficult times, but we still have each other and so we remained strong. What I liked best about us, is that we managed not to scream in each other’s faces to settle a fight or an argument. To me, that is a rare accomplishment.

We try not to be standoffish when we irritate each other, and we try to hug, kiss and make up as soon as we can, before any glass (or plates) gets broken. We try not to be a sour, indifferent, irksome couple. And I guess, we’re very good at doing that…

To my baby, happy anniversary. You’re my best and worst habit, my happy thought always. And I love you very much.


No comments: